Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Carpe Diem!

Wendy first contacted me a few years back about photographing her daughter, because she was looking for some beautiful black and white pictures and knew that I enjoyed photography and shooting people. I've known Scott and Wendy since youth basketball days and have watched all of those kids in basketball grow up to become young adults and teenagers. As often happens in life, time slips away, our lives get very busy and hectic, and things get reshuffled around as life throws us into many different directions.

Fast forward a few weeks back, Wendy contacted me again with her desire to have some pictures done, but she really had a renewed importance and really wanted pictures to capture Kelsey's journey into becoming a young adult, a teenager. During our shoot yesterday, as I chatted with Wendy and as I was shooting, I couldn't help but reflect on how often we take the stages of our childrens growth for granted and fail to really capture it in a way that we can look back on and remember the small details. Wendy seized the opportunity, although her life has been far from easy over the last few years.

Knowing Wendy's story and why these images are important, gave me food for thought to stop and evaluate my own life and cherish each stage in my children's development. As a photographer, I often fail to really shoot my wife and kids because I'm so busy shooting other people. Being married to a carpenter, doesn't mean the things in your house will be fixed, and so it goes with photography.

Enjoy a few images of Kelsey and take the time to grab your kids and go out and photograph them being kids. Before you know it that time will be gone!

How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss










No comments:

About Me (-m)

My photo
Diamondhead, MS
Mark Peeler, a pretty abnormal guy, photographer, husband, father, doglover, America's Most Boring Blogger Championship contestant, member of the "Jeep Lovers Foundation", the man who's been pee'd on by my son and my dog both! A true southerner with "Larry the Cable Guy" class.