Friday, July 11, 2008

The Bucket List!

I actually sat down by myself last night, with the kids playing video games back in their bedrooms and Robin out with a friend shopping, and watched a great movie called "The Bucket List." I had never heard of the movie but knew both actors and knew their work was always great so I decided to snag it from Netflix the week earlier.

What a profound movie, "Did you find joy in your life...and did you give joy to others?" In two simple but monumental questions posed during the movie, as they sat on one of the seven wonders of the world, what often get cluttered and confused in my life, became very very simple.

It's often easy to get off track worrying about schedules, time lines, activities, obligations, events, success, failure, or even commitments, but we often overlook our priorities, our relevance, our purpose! I'm afraid in my life I have a whole lot more work to do finding the true and lasting joy in my life, and more importantly, bringing joy to others. But my hope, my desire, and my goal is that when it's time for my bucket list (hopefully a long time from now), I will be a lot closer to answering both questions with a "Yes!"

No comments:

About Me (-m)

My photo
Diamondhead, MS
Mark Peeler, a pretty abnormal guy, photographer, husband, father, doglover, America's Most Boring Blogger Championship contestant, member of the "Jeep Lovers Foundation", the man who's been pee'd on by my son and my dog both! A true southerner with "Larry the Cable Guy" class.